Sunday, August 2, 2009

Moving in Fastforward

Well let's see we now have our Visa's, and wasn't that a GREAT process NOT!!. Alyssa had to be fingerprinted even for her documents too- so funny watching them try to fingerprint a 2 year old.

But the most fun part of it all was that I was hardly spoken to. She could speak English but chose to speak in Spanish to Sebastian the whole time even when discussing my documents. But hey we have them now. Oh and no use taking a picture they are not very exciting.

We have someone who will be renting out the house on the day we fly to Chile. We only had it listed less then 2 days before 4 people showed interest in the property and one wanted it very bad and had already had and passed all the real estates checks that they do. So now I am busy patching, sanding and repainting some spots on the walls. Oh and for future reference 3M hooks can and do take paint off walls and IKEA removable stickers are even worse. Yeah for me. Other then that the house is pretty much ready to go- with carpet cleaners, and cleaners coming in the day we head to Sydney.

We have been stocking up on some small things for the flight for Alyssa- good old sticker books from Big W at only $2 each and some new DVD's to keep her entertained. Still have to get some more small things- it is a LONG flight.

I have also been told that there are so many things that I will just not be able to get over there. Many Spices and Asian goods are not sold in Chile oh and Antofagasta only has long life milk- no fresh milk- which I find a little strange because they sell yogurt????

We still have to sort through everything in the house and make a couple of piles, tip/vinnies/keep. Oh and everything in my pantry cannot come with me- all my years of cake decorating things, colours and stuff, all has to be given away. We cannot take any pantry goods even the unopened things, nothing :(... I have got a lovely friend taking it all off my hands.

I still have some sewing to do for friends and finish off a dress that I started for Alyssa a long time ago. But hopefully she has a few day sleeps this week and I should get it knocked over pretty quickly.


It is very weird to think that this is the last Monday that I will be spending here the night. The movers come next Monday and Tuesday to pack everything then on Wednesday it is uplift day. I am sure once that happens it may seem a whole lot more real.

Well until next time- which I am not sure if it will be from Aus or Chile, take care.

1 comment: