Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Long long Journey

Well let's see a huge journey with a 26month old- what can we say. Actually she was very very good. I think it helped that we were in business class.

There were a few issues though, so I will start at the beginning- where else to start.

We headed to Perth airport thinking we had heaps of time and we would use the Qantas lounge. BUT Sebastian had dropped me and Alyssa off and went to return the hire car- I was waiting and then the announcements began!! He had read the time wrong and we were 45mins later then we thought. So I was stressing big time!!. So I called him and made him run as there was no way I could push Alyssa in her pram and push all the luggage. We checked in just in time (the lady at the counter beside the one we went to was pretty rude). WE should have went to the Qantas club because we had plenty of time. So anyway we headed off to Sydney and Alyssa was great on the Plane but had no sleep- that was okay though. We arrived in Sydney and had to wait for a maxi taxi- that was a long wait there just did not seem to be many. The hotel there was nice but we arrived so late and had to leave early in the morning- I had no intentions of having a repeat of the previous day.



We used the Qantas club in Sydney- updating my FB and Sebastian checking emails- having some food there too.






We boarded our flight to NZ- a quick stop for fuel before heading to Chile. The Business class was great- fully reclineable seats so like a bed. Alyssa was good BUT fell asleep just as we were langding in NZ- she stayed asleep in her Zapp(recommend this stroller) all the way through the stop in NZ. Used the Qantas club in NZ too. just relaxing this time.





We Boarded the plane again for the next part of the Journey to Chile. This was the 11 1/2 hour flight. Here they were not going to allow us to take the stroller on the plane (we had it all the way from Sydney- it folds down to fit in the overhead storage). But I fought them a bit and when they saw how small it folded down in its bag they put it into the closet on board. They said that there were more passengers this flight so could not go in overhead- not sure where these more passengers were- Business was no where near full.

Anyway Alyssa was a little Grumpy on this flight but again she did sleep. We were all very very tired when we arrived in Santiago Chile. I was full of nerves and wanted to turn back around. I was a little upset. I had very little sleep. Oh and when we landed at Santiago we had the airport medics come see us- Alyssa had conjunctivitis. But that also meant that all the plane staff had to wait until we had left the plane. But the medic was great and spoke perfect English and to me too. So he gave her an eye drop and a script for more.

We had a short stop in Santiago before our flight to Antofagasta. This was a small flight- only 2 hours. Alyssa slept most of this flight- actually fell asleep before getting on the plane and woke just before we boarded. I had a quick snooze on this one too.

We arrived at Antofagasta airport and had the taxi waiting for us- with one of those signs hehe. I will write about our first night in the next post it really does deserve its own one- not good!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I WANT business class. Damn, I need to be flown by a company somewhere....

    ReplyDelete